Sunday, January 26, 2014

DL Trip with Hannah day 2 (Sat)

Our flight was at 10:30 so we didn’t have to get up obscenely early today. It seems we always end up booking really early morning flights or flights during rush hour so a late morning Sat flight was great! I got up around 6:00 and everyone else got up a little after.  We headed out the door around 7:30 for Seatac.  There wasn’t any traffic so we got there in great time and even got a decent parking spot close to the elevators:)  We had about 2 hours until our flight which is normally plenty of time, however we have had bad luck with security at times so we never cut it too close.  Lucky for us though we literally walked through security with no wait at all! 

We found our gate and got settled by the window (the kids still love to watch the planes, no matter how much they fly!).  We then took turns doing Starbucks and breakfast runs, as we were starving.  Then Hannah and I did a bookstore run and found the book Aidan has been wanting to read for a while and got Piper a Where’s Waldo book to keep her busy:) We hung around our gate for another half an hour or so and then it was time to board! 
Our flight was really smooth and we had great flight attendants who gave us multiple snacks and drinks without us asking (we LOVE Jetblue).  The kids watched cartoons on tvs (each seat has its own tv in the seat in front of it with direct tv and music stations).  It was a short 2 hour flight and then we landed in Long Beach, CA which is about a 20 min drive to Anaheim (where Disneyland is).

We didn’t check our luggage so we grabbed our carry ons from the storage above and we headed off the plane.  What’s great about landing in Long Beach is that you walk right off the ramp onto the tarmac at the airport.  No big confusing airport, no lines!  We walked across the street to the taxi station and hopped a ride to the hotel.  For this trip we went back to our favorite of the 3 onsite hotels- the grand Californian.  We love the closeness, the pools and the onsite kids club:) 
We arrived at the hotel shortly before 2 pm and we checked all our luggage with bell services to hold for later.  We did keep our pool bag with all our sunscreen, swimsuits, etc out though- as that was our first stop!  We got checked in without issues (and got our room keys) and we headed to the bathrooms to change into pool wear.

For our arrival day we wanted to relax (plus our annual passes were blocked since it was a Sat in the summer) so I had pre booked a pool cabana.  It was $110 for 4 hours (we chose the afternoon block) and you got a tented cabana with a fan,  flat screen tv, phone, a cabana attendant, a fruit plate, a fridge with waters, 2 couches and a table, towels and 2 reserved sun loungers.  It was WORTH IT!  I was on the fence but so glad that we did it.  Especially since it was 100 degrees that day! 
We walked up to find a very misspelled sign but figured it was us (it was- we checked with our sign in guy).  We got settled and the kids played in the water while we ordered lunch for all of us.  We tore through lunch so fast, and were also enjoying yummy tropical drinks:)

Kids swam for a big chunk of the 4 hours and us grown ups alternated between laying in the sun and reading in the shaded cabana. 

Around 6pm we headed back after thanking our wonderful attendants and headed to our room.  Matt realized he left his wallet at the pool (eek!) and Hannah and I stayed in the room with the kids getting them back into normal clothes and waiting for our luggage to be delivered to the room.
Bell services didn’t take long getting them up to us and we also had ordered groceries from the local safeway for all of our breakfasts to eat on the go each morning.  After we got unpacked and settled we all decided to head into downtown Disney for dinner. We all got some grab and go from multiple places (Mexican and Italian) and then ate in the lounge area in our hotel.  By then we were getting tired so we headed back to the room and crashed for the most part. 

I took Hannah though into downtown Disney and she went into Ca. Adventure park to get our photo pass plus lanyard so we would have it in the morning for our pics first thing. We then wandered through a couple shops and headed back to the hotel for bed!

Piper Cam:


No comments:

Post a Comment