Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 13- Second day in Cabo!

April 6th-

We had agreed the night before to meet up in the morning to head back into town fairly early (we had limited port hours today). I want to say it was about 8 am when we all met up. Matt was feeling so so, which I guess was better than nothing. His energy level seemed higher today though!

Our goal this morning was to hit up Starbucks (and get our last city mug of the trip) and hit the little market by the marina to do shop shopping. Nothing big, and we hoped to be back on the boat within an hour or two. Aidan decided he wanted to stay in the clubs so it was just the 4 of us venturing out. We headed down to the taxi area (after asking around and realizing it was going to be a very long walk and it was already hot out) and got dropped off over by the star bucks. It was $8 each way. Yes I know, that’s $4 a person total just to go to Starbucks- but hey- I’m from Seattle! We got our coffee and our last mug and headed back to the marina.



sea lion!


Here are all my mugs from this trip: I am a new collector (some friends have bought me mugs from places) but my favorite had always been my Bahamas one from the Starbucks I went to in Nassau on a DCL 2010 cruise. Now I have lots of new cute ones!



Once back at the marina we poked around for maybe 30 or 40 minutes shopping. Us adults got some nice hand blown wine glasses, Sarah and I got some Victoria Secret knock off Cabo tee shirts (that looked like the “PINK” stuff) , the kids each got Cabo Angry Bird tee shirts and I got Aidan a little bobble head creature and Piper a little guitar. Shopping done!

We got back on the boat and I took Piper for a bit to let Sarah have a break. We took her to the pool to play around, then Matt ran to get Aidan out of the clubs to meet up on the pool deck with Sarah. We got the kiddos lunch and then she took them back to the cabin to eat, while Matt and I took some food from the buffet down to our cabin as well.


The kids watched from their cabin as we left Cabo! You can see how the tender boats worked too.







At 2:00 Matt and I had a spa treatment that we were SO excited for- the Couples Choice Villa. We got checked in and then were told to go to the relaxation room for awhile to wait for our therapist. I think we both almost fell asleep in there! At about 2:10 Julie (my therapist) and Orlando (Matt’s) came to pick us up then take us to our treatment villa. Here is stock photos (I didn’t take my camera in) of the area- this is exactly what it looked like!



Our treatment started in the covered deck area with us sitting down and them scrubbing our calves and feet with this wonderful ginger lime salt scrub while massaging. (I later asked to purchase this- they didn’t even have to try and seel it to me, it was wonderful!). After that we were left to the Jacuzzi (which they had filled as we were getting our leg work done) and added lots of yummy smelling salts and gels. We had about 30 minutes in the tub to just relax. Matt almost fell asleep. Lol. It was nice to just sit in quiet and enjoy the space. 

They came and knocked on the door to let us know we had 5 minutes before the massage part so we got up, rinsed off and changed into our robes. We had been given a choice of treatments (I honestly don’t remember what they all were) but we chose the 75 minute hot stone massage. This was heaven! Matt fell in and out of sleep during it. Lol. At least he was relaxed!

After our massage we were given a few minutes to change then invited to go back out to our private deck and relax in the roman bed for awhile (they said it would be 20 minutes but I feel like it was much longer). We ate fruit and drank tea and just watched they ocean. We got another warning knock and then they came out to give us our payment folders and see if we needed anything else. I also bought some Elemis foot cream since my heels get really cracked in dry (Seattle) weather.

In all we spent a LOT of money, but it was such a great once in a lifetime type spa treatment. Also, when we were back in the locker room I checked my clock right away and it was just after 5:00. We were in there for 3 hours and yet only was scheduled for 2 so I feel like our relaxing times and Jacuzzi times were definitely longer than it was supposed to be. Yay for us though!

During our spa treatment Sarah had put the kids in the clubs after doing homework and went to a martini tasting! She said it was fun to get away and talk with some other people. Lol. I was jealous, no tastings at all this cruise since Matt wasn’t drinking. Oh well! Next time. Sarah also snapped a great pic of the lobby!




Since it was so late getting out of the spa, we went back to our room right away and changed for dinner. Tonight was semi formal night, and we were eating in Animators Palette again.



For appetizers Matt had the Beef and Sun-Dried Tomato Consomme which he said was good (for his throat esp) and I had the mushroom soup topped with truffle oil (loved it!). I don’t think Sarah had an appetizer…I can’t find a picture! I think it’s because she ordered 2 entrees. Lol.




For entrees Sarah and Matt both had the fettuccine with parmesan crusted chicken (they both said was good) and Sarah also had the Lobster (good). I had the asparagus and blue cheese risotto (SO good. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it…).





For dessert we all had the warm chocolate lava cake (YUM!).


So I now I mentioned back in my first post that we had an awesome head waiter- here he is with Aidan. His name was Tektas and I was super impressed. He stopped by our table every single night to talk to us, he often walked us personally to our table as well. He did sort out the whole dining alone thing for us the first night but he didn’t “have” to always go so out of his way. He was great- the kids loved him!



After dinner was the show for the night- Disney Dreams. I LOVE this show. It is my absolute favorite. We got there early to make sure we sat towards the front. To enjoy some of the show’s “surprises” it’s good to sit in front of the first row of theater lights above you. We got good seats and enjoyed the show. And Matt was still awake! Lol.



When we got back to our room from the show after tucking the kiddos in, we found another cute card with turn down. So sweet!




Up next, our last sea day! Then off to Disneyland again!

No comments:

Post a Comment