Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 10- A fun second day at sea!

April 3rd

Today I had set my alarm for 7:00 because we had our character breakfast today (everyone on board gets a free character breakfast on one of the sea days). Our breakfast was set for 8:15 so I quickly got ready then grabbed Piper and had her take a bath and get ready in our room.

Matt still wasn’t feeling great- no more fever but his throat was still swollen. Piper was pretty sniffly today too. Matt decided to sleep more so breakfast was just the kids, Sarah and I. It was fun! Normally Piper gets very shy around characters but she had a great time. The waiters during breakfast also came around and made funny hats for everyone out of napkins. Aidan got a kick out of it:) Sarah and I didn’t eat too much though because we had Palo brunch today with Matt and 11:30.









 I left the kids at 9:30 with Sarah to do homework and went to our cabin to check on Matt who seemed a little better. He took a shower and seemed up for the rest of the day. At 11:15 we met up with Sarah and checked the kids into the clubs while we went to brunch. I explained brunch yesterday but here are pics of the stations.









I seemed to forget the bread/cheese station though and also the dessert station (though I took pics of our actual desserts). Our waiter today was Ashlie- he was fantastic! I think I liked him best out of all our wait staff on the cruise. He was very charming and funny and at the end took us on a little tour of Palo, telling us about the history, where they got the name, the private dining section where there was a pretty hand painted tile mural, etc. He was great! He actually was only on his 4th contract and already was in Palo. Apparently he worked in the galley for one contract then as an assistant server for 2, then went to Palo based on recommendations and having an “in” in Palo (he didn’t go into detail).

After brunch Matt and I headed to the rainforest room to relax. Again, it was completely deserted which was nice. Matt and I actually both fell asleep in the tile loungers. Lol. After about an hour or so we decided to grab a book and head to the adult pool area and read outside for a bit. All the loungers were taken though (no surprise) so we went to the cove café and grabbed a cozy couch facing the ocean and got some coffee and read for awhile.

I honestly have no real clue what Sarah and the kids were doing today- but I know they went to the pool. Lol. That’s about all I know!




It was definitely a lazy day so far so Matt and I decided to do something off the Navigator before dinner. We decided to try our hand at the 90’s trivia in one of the adult bars. It was so much fun! Most of the people were older than us (prob in their 40’s and 50’s) and a few looked to be our age. There were 25 songs with 2 points possible for each (song title and artist) along with some bonus questions along the way. In the end, after scoring they have you raise your hand until only one couple is left. We won!! It was pretty neat- we won with 63 (we missed 5 points) and the next couple behind us had 58 (one of the couples our age-ish). It really helped being our generation- every song was super obvious to us! We won a little Disney Cruise swag- 2 hats (we gave to the kids), a journal and a water bottle.



Dinner was at Animators Palate tonight which was fun since it was the “show dinner”- all the walls start in black and white then change to color slowly. It’s the best restaurant with kids because they are entertained the entire time. After dinner Sorcerer Mickey comes out and everyone claps for the wait staff so far. It’s a fun night.







For appetizers everyone had the butternut squash soup- so good! I also had the mushroom risotto and Sarah had the Ahi tuna tartare (Matt didn’t have a second starter). For entrees Sarah and I both had the phyllo wrapped Salmon (very tasty) and Matt had the veal chop (so so). For dessert Matt and I both had the apple crumble and Sarah had the chilled lemon soufflĂ© (all very good).










There was a nightly show tonight (comedy and ventriloquism) but no one was interested in it. Sarah and the kids crashed in their room early and Matt and I curled up to watch one of the rotating movies that were being shown (and oddly NOT censored at all)- Twilight Breaking Dawn part 1. I have seen it but love the horribly bad acted movie series and I made Matt suffer through it:) It was pretty late when it was over and we had an early port day the next morning so of to bed we went!

No comments:

Post a Comment