Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 12- Our first day in Cabo!

April 5th

Today was definitely a slow start to the morning- I woke up to a beautiful sunrise and saw that we were heading towards Cabo. Today was a tender port day, which meant instead of just walking off the boat onto the pier, you had to board a small catamaran style boat for about 5-10 minutes to the marina. Tenders were supposed to start around 10:30 and since we didn’t have an excursion today we didn’t get priority off the boat.


Matt and I went to Triton’s this morning for breakfast after getting coffee up at the Cove- it didn’t take long though. I wasn’t too hungry and Matt still wasn’t feeling great (worse then previous days- his cold was just draining him). The kids and Sarah went up to the buffet to eat breakfast and we met up with them in the late morning. When we got back to our room we saw that one of our lovely Msg Board friends Katy left us a fun gift!  A cute honeymoon tote she made, cute hair clips (for P), a tee shirt (for A) and a keychain.





 Our tender process was pretty easy. I want to say we got to the theater (where you get tickets) maybe around 10:45 or so. They loaded up one boat before ours so we waited maybe 15 minutes I would guess. Once they cleared us for getting on a tender it was easy, just follow the stairs down, hand over your ticket and leave the ship!

Once we got off the tender boat you have to walk down to the end of the marina to catch taxis. We didn’t want to do a water taxi for both money reasons (it was actually cheaper each way with 5 of us to do a land taxi) and comfort (no one wanted to jump out into the water, and Piper can get seasick easy on little boats). We got a taxi van and headed over to Medano Beach Club (where Matt, I and the kids had gone last year and really liked it). We got a table up under then canvas tent area so we were in the shade which was great. The kids played in the sand for a bit by our table while we relaxed and ordered a drink.




We all went down to the water with the kids off and on before lunch which was fun- the waves were very strong though. I wasn’t paying attention once and Piper and I were in ankle deep water or so and it knocked us flat over. The wave going back out started to pull us out (since we had fallen on our faces) so Sarah had to come rescue Piper while I tried to get up. It was funny but also a reminder it was not a beach to let teeny kids go out without holding onto them. It seemed better than last year though.







We eventually ordered lunch – it was good! More so because our day there was CHEAP! With tip it was $65 (we paid cash). Between the 5 of us we had: 3 bottled waters, 1 GIANT margarita, 4 regular margaritas, 1 mimosa, 2 kids meals (quesadilla plates), a huge plate of nachos, an order of tortillas and an extra order of chips with lots of fixings. I think it was a good deal! At some point Aidan was being bratty so he turned his chair around on his. lol.




We left mid afternoon or so to head back to the ship. We found taxis right in the same area (behind all the beach side restaurants) and got dropped off at the market at the marina. We all looked around for a bit but didn’t buy anything because we were tired and knew we would be back in the morning.





We went back to our cabins and I helped the kids with their homework for awhile and then P came back to our room for a bit and we all (Matt, Piper and I) dozed for a bit. Around 5 or so we dropped P back at her room so she could get ready for dinner with Sarah and Aidan. Tonight was Pirate Night which both the kiddos love!

Matt and I had dinner at Palo tonight, which started out ok but Matt was feeling completely exhausted and not at all hungry (he made the mistake of drinking in Cabo and was feeling super off because of it). We decided (after we were already eating our appetizers) that leaving was probably for the best. Palo dinners can last a couple hours and Matt just didn’t have it in him. Matt left me to wait for our dinner (the chef and our waiter were so great and put covers on the plates for us to take it back with us). I want to say I was there by myself for about 20 minutes or so, but it felt SO much longer. It was super uncomfortable sitting by myself and having people come over and make sure I was “ok” lol. I just wanted to get out of there! By the time I got back to the room, Matt was already asleep (by 6:45).

Meanwhile the kids and Sarah were having a great night at Pirate Night!  For dinner Sarah had the Bib Lettuce salad with raspberry dressing and then the Macadamia dusted Mahi (mild flavor but good).








After they had dinner, Aidan wanted to go the clubs so Sarah dropped him off and her and Piper went to do photos!




Eventually Piper got tired, Sarah went back to get Aidan and they went back to the room. Piper fell asleep in their room before fireworks but Aidan and Sarah watched them from the verandah in their cabin. I saw part of them from my room but was just so discouraged and feeling sorry for myself. I know, not a great attitude but I felt like we had spent so much money and gone to all this work making sure that we would have a great honeymoon and Matt was sleeping the whole time. I kept trying to tell myself that we at least had an AMAZING time in Hawaii. I did read the last Hunger Games book though tonight- so that was something. Lol.



Up next- our last day in Cabo!


No comments:

Post a Comment